“Senses” refer to feelings and awareness invisible yet instinctive and indescribable beyond conventional written languages and knowledge systems.
This exhibition invites artist Te-Yu Wang and architect Bo-Yang Lin to engage in long-term interaction and dialogue on the spatial basis provided by the Jut Art Museum. They collaborate across the borders of two substantially different edifices, viz., art and architecture, responding to the museum’s space per se with their respective ideological perspectives and creative vocabularies. More specific, they collectively create a new space that transcends the rigid confines of established frameworks and then encourage the visitors to experience and explore it, expecting this “site” to evoke the most genuine and purest senses in the deepest recesses of each visitor’s mind.
The entire museum space thus metamorphoses into a piece of work. There are neither chunks of text nor theoretical frameworks and standard interpretations for the visitors. The modalities and features in this space, be they brightness and darkness, clamor and serenity, or firmness and softness, are subjectively defined in terms of the visitors’ personal senses.
Since this exhibition seeks to liberate people from the entrenched orthodoxy of visiting exhibitions, it guides the visitors to physically explore the realm far removed from the places they’re familiar with, a realm that is not easily perceived but shared with others. Such rheological relations between humanity and spaces as well as between self and others will in turn prompt the visitors to cogitate upon the possible state or form of being.
- Exhibitors｜Te-Yu Wang, Bo-Yang Lin
- Curator｜Shan-Shan Huang
- Venue｜Jut Art Museum (No.178, Sec. 3, Civic Blvd., Da'an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan)
- Opening Hours｜TUE-SUN 10:00-18:00 (Closed on Mondays)
- Admission｜By appointment only, and Entry will open according to vacancy. General TWD 100, Concessions TWD 80 (Student, seniors aged 65 and above, and groups of 10 or more) Free Admission for the disabled and a companion, children aged 12 and under (Concessions or Free Admission upon presentation of valid proof)
- Student Day on WED｜Free Admission once on Wednesdays upon presentation of valid student ID
- Organizer& Coordinator｜Jut Art Museum
- Cultural Partner｜eslite member
- Official Hotel Partner｜MGH Mitsui Garden Hotel Taipei Zhongxiao
- Event Partner｜MOT CAFÉ
- Media Partners｜ARTouch、Art Emperor、MOT TIMES、La Vie
- Special Thanks｜Aesop、SHI JIAN TEA
- Exhibition Team
- Exhibition Supervisors｜Aaron Y. L. Lee, Alex Y. H. Lee
- Exhibition Coordinator｜Ying-Peng Chen
- Assistant Coordinators｜Pei-Yu Lin, Wei-Jie Ou, Yen-Hsiu Chen, Yu-Kuei Peng
- Exhibition Production Coordination｜Yi-Chi Chang, Wing-Ying Yip, Ho-Chien Sun, An-Shun Cheng, Hsin-Wei Lin, Pin-Jie Wu
- Communications and Marketing Coordinator｜Szu-An Chen
- Communications and Marketing｜Yen-Shan Li, Shu-Yuan Chang, Yu-Hsuan Lin, Chi-Yun Chang
- Public Service Coordinator｜Shu-Yuan Chang
- Public Service｜Chieh-Yun Hsieh, Yi-Chen Hung
- Administration Coordinator｜Kuo-Ming Miao
- Exhibition Assistants｜Tzi-Wei Su, Chen-Yu Chu, Hui-Chi Chih, The One Production Studio
- Visual Design｜Mistroom
- Lighting Design｜WEDO Lighting